In production - recommended for new design-in.
MS9000 MEMS Accelerometer
Colibrys MS9000 sensors are high-performance MEMS capacitive accelerometers developed for precision inertial systems for land, sea and air applications. With a dynamic range of ±2g to ±200g: they are part of the exclusive group of MEMS used in EASA, FAA and DAL A certified systems.
This single-axis analog accelerometer is based on bulk micro-machined silicon elements specifically designed for high bias stability over temperature in harsh environments. The product embeds a low-power ASIC (0.5 mA), a temperature sensor and is fully calibrated. The robust, hermetically-sealed LCC20 ceramic package insures long-term stability.
With nearly one million sensors shipped over the past 25 years, our technologies deliver field-proven, long-term reliability and performance for your most demanding applications. All Colibrys products are designed and manufactured in Switzerland and are individually tested and qualified to Colibrys standards.
- Low bias and scale factor temperature coef < ± 0.5 mg/°C (typ) and 300 ppm/°C (typ) ( for ±10g range).
- A reference for One Year Bias stability, <±1.5mg typ. (for ±10g range)
- High resolution < 0.15 mg typ (for ±10g range)
- High repeatability Bias after shock
|Measurement range||± 2||± 5||± 10||± 30||± 50||± 100||± 200||g|
|One year bias stability @ 1000g||0.3 (< 1.5)||0.75 (< 3.75)||1.5 (< 7.5)||4.5 (< 22.5)||7.5 (< 37.5)||15 (< 75)||30 (< 150)||mg typ. (max.)|
|Bias temp. coefficient||< 0.1||< 0.25||< 0.5||< 1.5||< 2.5||< 5||< 10||mg/°C typ.|
|Scale factor sensitivity (K1)||1000 ± 8||400 ± 4||200 ± 2||66.6 ± 1||40 ± 1||20 ± 1||10 ± 1||mV/g|
|One year scale factor stability & ||300 (< 1000)||300 (< 1000)||300 (< 1000)||300 (< 1000)||300 (< 1000)||300 (< 1000)||300 (< 1000)||ppm typ. (max.)|
|Scale factor temp. coefficient||100||100||100||100||100||100||100||ppm / °C typ.|
|Resolution / Threshold (@ 1Hz)||< 0.1||< 0.25||< 0.6||< 1.7||< 2.8||< 5.5||< 11||mg max.|
|Non linearity||< 0.8||< 0.8||< 0.9||< 0.9||< 0.9||< 1||< 1 ||% of FS max.|
|Bandwidth||0 to ≥ 100||0 to ≥ 100||0 to ≥ 100||0 to ≥ 100||0 to ≥ 100||0 to ≥ 100||0 to ≥ 100||Hz|
|Noise spectral density in band||18||45||90||270||450||900||1800||μg/√Hz typ.|
|Operating Temperature Range||-55°C to 125 °C||-55°C to 125 °C||-55°C to 125 °C||-55°C to 125 °C||-55°C to 125 °C||-55°C to 125 °C||-55°C to 125 °C|
“The inertial sensors we selected from Colibrys [MS9000] were ideal for us because of its long term bias stability and high reliability to build a compact IMU without sacrificing the performance that OxTS are known for” – Mr. Iain Clarke, Product Manager at Oxford Technical Solutions Ltd. – Download the Press Release
- Automated flight control
- Artificial horizon
- AHRS (Attitude Heading Reference System)
- Fixed winds and helicopter flight control system
- Platform stabilization
- UAVs auto pilot
- Flight tests
- Flight instrument system
- Missiles (short, medium,) guidance
- Guided munitions
- Land and marine navigation system
- Health usage monitoring system (HUMS)
- North findings / Gyrocompassing
- Target stabilization
- Armored vehicle positioning
Industrial / Railway / Energy
- Linear acceleration for motion control on train
- GPS/INS system
- Robotic control
- Height control of magneto-levitation train
- Measurement While Drilling (MWD)
- Directional drilling
- Logging While Drilling (LWD)
- Inertial measurement within pipeline
- Guidance and navigation in absence of GPS for underwater ROV
Please select a region
MS9000 Evaluation Board (EVBA) is a device designed to evaluate a full performance of Colibrys MS9000 accelerometer series by a simple connection to a power supply and a voltmeter. EVBA design implies a possibility to be mounted to various evaluation environments – the shaker, the tumble table and the oven.
EVBA includes all the components for immediate functioning :
– Soldered MEMS accelerometer with 3 decoupling capacitors
– 2 Connectors (heading & mating).