Legacy - for existing applications
VS9000 Vibration Sensor
The trusted MEMS for the most demanding applications involving vibration sensing since 2008, the VS9000 vibration sensors offer large frequency response and performance stability, as well as low power consumption.
The field-proven Colibrys VS9000 embeds a mass-produced MEMS sensor, a die attach, an ASIC and a temperature sensor, the combination if which offers large frequency responses from DC to 1000 Hz ±5% (min), 3000Hz ±3 dB. The sensor also offers great bias and scale factor temperature stabilities of ± 0.1mg/°C (typ) and 100ppm/°C (typ). The VS9000 has the lowest power consumption on the market, featuring a maximum of 2mW.
This vibration sensor is available with a wide variety of ranges from ±2 to ±200g, which will allow it to address various applications with a single electronic interface and package.
With nearly one million sensors shipped over the past 25 years, our technologies deliver field-proven, long-term reliability and performance for your most demanding applications. All Colibrys products are designed and manufactured in Switzerland and are individually tested and qualified to Colibrys standards.
- Wide frequency response from DC to 1000Hz ±5% (min)
- Great bias and scale factor temperature stabilities of ± 0.1mg/°C (typ) and 100ppm/°C (typ)
- Low non-linearity with 1% of full scale, under vibrations (max)
- Lowest power consumption 2mW (max)
|Measurement range||± 2||± 5||± 10||± 30||± 50||± 100||± 200||g|
|Bandwidth (-5%)||0 to ≥ 250||0 to ≥ 700||0 to ≥ 1000||0 to ≥ 1000||0 to ≥ 1000||0 to ≥ 1000||0 to ≥ 1000||Hz|
|Bandwidth (-3dB)||0 to ≥ 800||0 to ≥ 1700||0 to ≥ 2400||0 to ≥ 3000||0 to ≥ 3000||0 to ≥ 3000||0 to ≥ 3000||Hz|
|Noise spectral density in band||25||25||25||25||25||25||25||μV/√Hz (typ.)|
|Bias temp. coefficient||< 0.1||< 0.25||< 0.5||< 1.5||< 2.5||< 5||< 10||mg/°C (typ.)|
|Scale factor sensitivity (K1)||1000 ± 8||400 ± 4||200 ± 2||66.6 ± 1||40 ± 1||20 ± 1||10 ± 1||mV/g|
|Scale factor temp. coefficient||100||100||100||100||100||100||100||ppm / °C (typ.)|
|Non linearity||< 0.8||< 1||< 1||< 1||< 1||< 1||< 1 ||% of FS (max.)|
Colibrys’ MEMS accelerometers have been successfully qualified for the latest generation of German ICE high speed trains. The Velaro D train is the fourth generation of interoperable high-speed trains made by Siemens using distributed traction and the first integrating innovative bogie monitoring systems. – Press release
- Active suspension system
- Active tilting system
- Bogie security monitoring
- Preventive maintenance
- Rolling stock fatigue analysis
- Track monitoring system
- Track geometry measuring system
- Vibration monitoring system
- Automotive testing (ride quality / durability, vehicle dynamics, ride & NVH, head rest vibration)
- Aero flight testing
- Aircraft carrier landing drop testing
- Down borehole testing
- Flutter testing
- Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH)
- Structure health testing (building, bridge, dam, nuclear plant)
- Wind tunnel
- Data loggers
- Early earthquake warning system
- MEMS inertial navigation system
- Structural Health Monitoring (SHM)
- Machine health monitoring
- Wind turbine (monitor the gearbox and equipment)
This list is not exhaustive. Would you have an application not listed, please contact us.
Please select a region
MS9000/VS9000 Evaluation Board (EVBA) is a device designed to evaluate a full performance of Colibrys VS9000 accelerometer series by a simple connection to a power supply and a voltmeter. EVBA design implies a possibility to be mounted to various evaluation environments – the shaker, the tumble table and the oven.
EVBA includes all the components for immediate functioning :
– Soldered MEMS accelerometer with 3 decoupling capacitors
– 2 Connectors (heading & mating).